Carbon of a typed document on the letterhead of Yeshivas Ha’Darom- Kletsk, with a list of the faculty and students in 1951.The list details the names and dates of birth of all listed and is signed “Eliezer Shach” attesting that all the students listed are full time students at the Yeshiva. Additionally next to the one of the names there is a small note also written by R. Shach saying that a particular student has transferred to another Yeshiva. The faculty list includes R. Mordechai Breuer, later a well-known professor in Israel. R. Elazar Menachem Man Shach (died 2002), was born in Lithuania and studied in Ponevezh, Slabodka and Slutzk. He taught in the Kletsk Yeshiva in Poland and was later Rosh Yeshiva of the Karlin Yeshiva in Luninyets. During the Holocaust years, he emigrated to Eretz Yisrael, and taught in Yeshivas Ha’Darom – Kletsk in Rechovot which was led by his relative R. Tzvi Yehuda Meltzer. Shortly afterwards he was appointed as a Rosh Yeshiva in Ponevezh where he remained for the rest of his life teaching Torah to thousands of students. In addition, as the head of the Moetzes Gedolei Ha’Torah, R. Shach led the Yeshiva world for decades.
Fine condition 21.5 by 28 cm, minor foxing, 3 holes from a hole puncher, extending to the edge of the paper not affecting text.